Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Busy, Busy...

Hi Everyone,

I believe it's only been a week since my last post but I sure have a lot to chirp about! Where to begin...

Last Thurs. Ian, Nana, Papa and I attended mass honoring all those who have died this year (Nov. is the month of All Souls if you're Catholic.) We decided to attend although we knew it would be very difficult. Ian was very sad, but as always, my rock. I began crying when we pulled out of the driveway on our way to church, and continued to cry until the ceremony ended and as the four of us walked to the car I pulled it together enough to jokingly say "well, I think I handled that well!" as I reached for yet another tissue to try to disguise how ugly my cry had become. Nana and Papa also shed tears. I am very aware how difficult this must be for them. Not only have they lost their grandbaby, who they loved as much (if not more??) then their own children, they also must watch there only daughter suffer through the pain of losing her only child. The mass was nice. Grace's name was called out at which time Ian and I lit a candle in her honor and placed it on the alter. I'm glad we went even with all the tears that were shed.

Saturday was Papa's 60th birthday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA! I know his only wish was to squeeze his grandbaby and possibly play a game of "dragon chasing baby" (a Papa specialty) although he had to settle for a wonderful brunch prepared by Nana and lots of gift certificates for Golf Town from those who love him. Between the new clubs and the "grace of Grace" watching over you from heaven... maybe your game will improve in '07!

My hubby has been so very busy. His hours at the office have been a little longer than normal as well as putting in some hours in the evening on his laptop... I believe he's preparing for inventory. This wouldn't at all be a problem if I also wasn't so demanding with regards to his time. You see... since I'm not working I've been spending my day time hours decorating the house. Seems as though there has not been a day in the last week that he has not had a picture to hang, wall sconces to install, under cabinet lighting to put up or chandelier to hang. See I'm kinda spoiled. Ian is very handy and I just assume he can do everything... which he can but it is also very time consuming (not to mention at times life threatening.... I didn't realize how tricky it is to install a chandelier on a landing that has 12 foot ceilings... sorry babe!)

Finally happy, happy birthday to Zen and Nicky (Grace's best friend). We celebrated their 1st and 3rd birthdays this weekend with a huge swim party (over 100 people). For those of you who don't know my good girlfriend Jen... her motto is "go big or go home!" I guess with 4 kids most can assume that's her motto. There was enough food to feed 200 and I had the pleasure of being Nicky's swim partner. I have to admit, tears were shed on the way home because Grace would have so enjoyed the party, but I'm so thankful to have the Depaz's in my life. I'm not sure how Jen and Al do it, but the kids understand Grace's death so well and live it without the apprehension that as adults we naturally own. Nicky still asks me all the time if Grace is still in "heaBen" (heaven). And when I reply "Yes" she then talks about how Grace must be playing with Quinn (the Depaz family dog that died earlier in the summer) and eating macaroni & cheese, hotdogs and ketchup. I then tell her "she sure is!"

Mama misses you baby.
L~

1 Comments:

Blogger Parker said...

Hey Les,
A busy and emotional week for sure. It sounds like you are handling everything very, very well. You, too, are a rock.
Stay strong,
Love,
Tracy

8:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home