Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy (??) Thanksgiving

Hi Everyone,

So today is Thanksgiving... the day to give thanks right??? So I'm sitting here wishing I could give thanks for what I gave thanks for last year... Grace. Then it dawned on me... I can and I should. Although Grace is no longer physically with me, she was for 2 years and 7 months. I wish she could have been with us for 100, but 2 years and 7 months is still better than having never been blessed with her at all... right?? Of course... sometimes I question this because the hurt is so bad as a result of her untimely death that I question whether having never loved would be better than having loved and lost. However, to survive this tragedy, I must be thankful for the 2 years and 7 months that Grace was physically with me and I must be thankful for her final gift to me... And that is the person I will become as a result of what she taught me through her life and death. Mama will make you proud baby. Grace continues to guild me everyday...

I'm Still Here

Mother and father, please don't mourn for me
I'm still here, though you don't see
I'm right by your side each night and day
And within your heart I long to stay
My body is gone but I'm always near
I'm everything you feel, see or hear
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
As long as you keep me alive in your heart
I'll never wander out of your sight
I'm the brightest star on a summer night
I'll never be beyond your reach
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach
I'm the colorful leaf when fall comes around
And the pure white snow that blankets the ground
I'm the beautiful flower of which you're so fond
The clear cool water in a quit pond
I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring
The first warm raindrop that April will bring
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine
And you'll see that the face in the moon is mine
When you start thinking there's no one to love you
You can talk to me through the Lord above you
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees
And you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze
I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
And the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face
Just look for me, mother and father, I'm everyplace!

~Author Unknown~


Thanks to my friend Natalie for sending me this beautiful poem.

Mama misses you baby.
Les

1 Comments:

Blogger Parker said...

Grace's beauty will forever surround you and her spirit will guide you and give you strength when you need it most.
You are doing an amazing job!

Tracy

4:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home