Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ian's first day back to work

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have not written for a week. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to write now that I am no longer able to report on Grace's daily activities/condition. Ian and I are doing OK. We still cry everyday for some reason or another. Sunday was hard. We attended our first social event childless. It was a friends daughter's baptism and many of the children there were Grace's age so we missed her very, very much. We got home around dinner time and went to bed immediately to recoup. Today Ian returned to work. He was very anxious waking at 3am and not being able to fall back to sleep. My girlfriend Lesley was here at 8:30am and Jen (with 2 of her 4) joined us at 9:30am. We hung out and chatted... it was really, really nice. I'm so blessed to have such good friends. I know they recognized that with this being Ian's first day back to work that I may have a hard time being home alone, so without even having to ask... they were here to keep me occupied. Ian had a good first day back. He felt very welcomed and is looking forward to moving forward with some projects that have been sitting on the back burner for a while. I have to admit that I was worried about how Grace's death was going to impact our marriage. Since Grace became ill, parenting consumed every waking minute leaving no time to just be husband and wife. Now that it is just the two of us, I have quickly realized that Ian and I are not just Grace's parents, but truly each other's best friend. Even though right now surviving this tragedy seems close to impossible, with my hubby, such good friends and family by my side... It will happen.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Mama misses you baby.
Les

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lesley,
Thank for continuing to share your life with us. I can't help but come back to this site again and again. It helps me to hear what you and Ian and Nana and Papa are doing. As always, your family is in my heart and in my thoughts. Cathy Marostica

8:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home