Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy Birthday Nana!

Hi Everyone,

Today was Nana's birthday. To be honest... I didn't realize this until this morning. Through Grace's illness, I trained my self to live in the moment and weaned my self off the Aries tendency to plan tomorrow today. It's odd, I always used to watch the weather network, to anticipate the week and choose appropriate activities based on the weather. I have not done this for months. It is now my natural tendency to plan a day only once I've woken up and been blessed with health. Writing that sounds crazy but it has truly become my reality. So back to my point... It was only once I woke up and turned on Breakfast Televison that I noticed the date in the bottom corner of the T.V. I knew with this being the first "event" since Grace died that Nana would have been happy to let it slip by without recognition but Grace would not have wanted this. Instead I headed to the flower shop and Grace (in spirit of course) and I picked out some beautiful pink flowers for Nana. I delivered them and we had a wonderful two hour chat. We spoke a lot about Grace, a few tears were shed but more smiles were shared. Nana misses you very, very much baby. So does Papa. They are taking good care of Willie and Simba for you. Nana dried flowers from each of the special arrangements sent to celebrate your life. She also cares for original Cat and keeps your special pink jammies close to her.

Mama misses you baby.
Les

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I came upon your blog this evening while looking for information about HeadStart for some friends of mine.

My niece died in 1996 at four years old from a brain tumor, anaplastic astrocytoma, on her brainstem.

My son was diagnosed with a supratentorial PNET in 2003, just after his ninth birthday. We considered HeadStart, along with other treatments. We ended up at St. Jude. He is almost 2 1/2 years off treatment and is doing well.

Your sweet little daughter died on my son's birthday, the day he turned 12.

My email address at gmail is bkbell. I'd be interested in hearing from you, I'd like to see if I could help connect you with some support groups for parents of brain tumor kids and who have lost them.

Words cannot express how sorry I am for the loss of your daughter.

2:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home