Friday, May 18, 2007

3rd Annual Walk for Grace

Hi Everyone,

It's been so long since my last blog that I'm not even sure if people still log on. I find my self waiting for a day when my heart isn't so "heavy" to write but days turn into weeks that seems to have turned into over a month and my heart is still so heavy. I decided just to "bite the bullet" and blog this morning. Our vacation was restful. Work is good. Ian is busy as usual. Mother's Day weekend was devastating. Ian had all my blogs "published" into a book for me so we'll always have Grace's storey close. My dad and I have started the "leg work" for the 3rd Annual Walk for Grace. The past two years this event has been very small. First year our friend Brett initiated and did the walk. Last year Brett, Ian, my dad and my self did the walk and in 2007 we are hoping it will expand to a much larger event. It will be held on the weekend marking the first anniversary of Grace's death. It will be on Sunday, Sept. 9. There will be 3 trail options available. The first will be a 31km trail (similar to what has been done the past two years) representing 1km for every month of Grace's life. But then a more realistic 5km trail will be available for adults and a 1km children's trail. We are hoping that both the 5km and 1km trail will be within Bronte Creek Provincial Park. We have submitted an application for the Park to allow us to use their property on this day. With us hoping for it to be a larger event, there is much more paperwork then we've ever experienced in the past. The walk will be followed by a BBQ. We are currently soliciting corporate sponsors to cover the cost of printing (of pledge forms), park costs, insurance as well as food donations (or $ to cover food) for the BBQ. If you have any connections that my be beneficial please contact me at lcompagnon@cogeco.ca. Your help would be much appreciated. Please save the date... Sunday Sept. 9 and start talking to your friends to join the walk, the more the merrier. Again, we are hoping to run this event on 100% donations and volunteer support so this means 100% of every dollar donated will go to brain tumour research at the hospital for Sick Children in honour of the first anniversary of Grace's death. I've heard that many corporations have a matching program for employee's who raise funds for a charity so if you raise $100 your company will in turn donate $100. This may be something to look into. An easy way to double donations!

I hope your all keeping well.

Mama misses you baby.
Les

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home