Monday, August 14, 2006

Regular day at home

Hi Everyone,

Well after Dora on Friday and Santa on Saturday, we decided to have a low key day at home on Sunday. My house was a disaster so Nana and Papa came by to entertain Grace while Ian and I started making scenes of the house. It was weird. As Nana and Papa entertained the baby, Ian started to clean the kitchen and I started on the laundry, I kept thinking how nice of a day it was. Just at home doing normal "home" stuff as though Grace were well and we were just a regular family getting ready for a new week. I can't remember when I last felt like that. Nana worked her magic around 3pm and got Grace down for a much needed nap and I insisted Ian nap with her since he's hardly been able to sleep at night. Nana and Papa again were AMAZING rolling up there sleeves and tackling the housework with me. I truly believe my dad has never washed so many dishes in his life and I'm not really sure how he acquired "kitty pan" (litter) duty but he takes good care of Griffin without even being asked at this point even though he claims to hate cats. My mom is my godsend. Getting Grace to eat something other than hotdogs, getting her to brush her teeth, take a bath and some what behave. It just seems that she never runs out of steam, well I know she does but then she just sucks it up and keeps going, she's truly unbelievable. Grace love's her Nana and Papa so much and it's because every interaction they have with her is wrapped in pure, unadulterated love. Even when my mom puts her in the bath when she doesn't want to go, Grace just seems to know that Nana loves me and knows best so I'm not going to fuss. My parents truly amaze me. Thank god for them.

Not sure what were doing this week. We'll keep you posted.

Love,
Les

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home