Sunday, January 20, 2008

2008 so far...

Hi Everyone,

I hope this note finds everyone well. Where to begin?? Well, most importantly, Derrick Nixon (our friend at Sick Kids who had a donor transplant just before Xmas) is doing well. We continue to pray for him. Eli is doing so very well. I believe I mentioned that he had some G.I. issues at birth and we made a trip to Sick Kids to have them checked out. The doctor there told us that he believed that Eli just had an immature G.I. track and that everything should work it's self out by about 3 months of age. Eli is 11 weeks tomorrow and things in the last week have improved significantly. He is a huge (has already doubled his birth weight) and happy baby. Instead of constantly grunting in pain due to a sore belly, he smiles and giggles and talks gibberish. He's eyes are still blue like his mommies and each family member has claimed a part of him that looks like them (I.e. he has Papa's hands, a birth mark on his leg like Nana etc.). He's sleeping better... usually up twice a night but on three occasions just once. He's such a wonderful joy... I just can't gush enough about him. He loves the company of other babies and has lots of opportunity for this at music, gym and swimming. He enjoys swimming the most. Last week I brought him to his first movie... Charlie Wilson's War... it was O.K. but we are looking more forward to 27 Dresses this week. Last night Ian and I went to the movies and Nana and Papa watched Eli. We saw Juno... I'd highly recommend it. I still struggle with missing Grace daily. I've decided not to anticipate improvement here and just to accept this level of grief as my new normal... my daily reminder to be the best mom to Eli that I possibly can as a result of the lessons Grace taught me. We are moving forward with our two fundraisers this year. A golf tournament in the spring and the walk in the fall. We are hoping to have each of these annually. My Dad and I are ironing out details this week with regards to the golf tournament and will post dates once it can be confirmed with the course (first week of Feb.). The walk date has been secured as Sept. 7 with Bronte Provincial Park. Ian and I enjoy hosting these events because its one of the few ways we feel we can still parent Grace. We appreciate your support. As always, 100% of funds raised goes directly to pediatric brain tumour research at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto. Grace's Fund is registered and tax receipts are issued. The golf tournament will be a fun day with good golf, food and we are looking to secure some golf companies to come out and demo some products as well as let our golfers test out anything new. The walk was a wonderful family day for everyone last year and we hope it to be the same this year with hopefully better weather. I joined face book recently and I'm hoping that it will help me promote these events with less physical "leg work" and less costs on printing. George (our dog) is doing well and turning out to be a wonderful pet. He listens and is eager to please unlike Griffin who believes he runs the show (and I'm starting to believe that he does). Griffin was put on an anti-anxiety med (I know it sounds crazy) 3 weeks ago. Our vet is convinced that he was "acting out" (peeing in our living room) as a result of anxiety related to losing Grace... seems as though she may be right since it started the week after she died and he has not peed any where except for his litter pan since being put on the meds. He had an ear hematoma (burst blood vessel in his ear that swelled his ear up to look like a perogie) and needed surgery 3 weeks ago. It went well and he gets his stint off this Thurs. I know Grace is appreciating us taking good care of her kitty. Well I guess that's it. I'll keep you posted on the upcoming fundraisers. If you're on face book, send me a friend request. Enjoy your Sunday.

Mama misses you baby.
Les

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home