Thursday, April 20, 2006

We've Engrafted!!

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that Grace has engrafted. On Tues. her poly's were .5, yesterday .66 and today .86. Two days at .5 or higher means that she has engrafted!! Ian and I are relieved. Grace is in wonderful spirits and Nana and Papa were very happy to see Grace after 38 days of not having seen her. She officially engrafted on day +27... remember my last blogger when I mentioned that the doc's begin to worry if she has not engrafted by day +28. It's just like Grace to push it to the end and make us all sweat a little. So our plans for the next little bit are:
Get her off GCSF (drug that stimulates her bone marrow so we can see how it does on its own)
Get her off antibiotics/antifungals/antivirals (she has been free of fever for 3 days but Infectious Disease wants to keep her on until the weekend because she was so febrile last week, +40 Celsius, and they could not find a source of infection)
Get her feeds up (via G tube) and off her motility drugs and antacids
Get her eating and drinking by mouth (even if just a little bit)
Keep her free of infection/fever
If all goes well we may do this by end of next week... we'll see!!
Grace is scheduled for an MRI on the 27 (a week today) and this MRI will determine what we will do over the next few months. We expect to still see the "suspicious spot". They may just want to watch it or we may go for another surgery. We'll let you know when we know.

Keep praying for our baby's good health & donate blood.

Today's a good day!
Love,
Les

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lesley,
I am a friend of Karen Boucher's.
I live and work only steps away from Sick Kids and have been following Grace's story (via Karen) for a while. If there is anything that I can do for you, Ian and especially Grace, please let me know. I can be reached at c_marostica@hotmail.com or at the blog I created (?? to do what I don't know!). Anything. Just let me know...thinking of you all and of little Grace. Cathy

6:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home