Tuesday, June 03, 2008

First Annual Golf for Grace

Hi!
I wanted to let everyone know who still follows Grace's Blog that our First Annual Golf for Grace was a huge success. The weather was amazing and over 120 people came out to golf and/or have dinner, remember Grace, and win/bid on incredible items. The most wonderful part of the day was being surrounded by so many wonderful friends who's support I could not survive this journey without! We ended the day raising $15,190 for the Hospital for Sick Children's Brain Tumour Lab in honour of Grace. I've received dozens of Emails from friends who attended saying that they can't wait for next year. It really was an incredible day that was purposeful, fun and I could feel Grace's presence in the warmth of the sun! Our second (and final) fundraiser for 2008 will be our 4th Annual Walk for Grace at Bronte Provincial Park in Oakville. It is scheduled for Sunday Sept. 7 and will be similar to last year in that we will have a 1km kids walk, 5km adult walk/run and 31km walk/run for those who are ambitious. It will be a wonderful family day with arts and crafts for the kids as well as a bake table. I'm going to take a few weeks off (while I plan Eli's baptism) and then I'll begin full steam ahead on the walk end of this month. I look forward to seeing everyone in Sept.

Eli is doing really well. He just turned 7 months old and his newest "thing" is pushing up on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. Soon he will be crawling! Ian's well and enjoying his new job. George needs a hair cut and Griffin won (we got rid of all our living room furniture).

I hope all is well with everyone!

Mama misses you baby.
Les

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home